Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Welcome to my Blog

I've finally decided to join the blog-verse and start my own blog. This blog will be dedicated to health, chiropractic, happiness, health care, and anything else that catches my fancy. Awhile back now, I had a radio show called Vital Health Radio on Valley Free Radio in Northampton, MA. This blog will, at least in part, be the next incarnation of that show.

Tomorrow, I'm going to kick off the blog with a post about the issue of Informed Consent, since it has recently come up quite a bit in several conversations that I've had. For today, however, if it's all right with you, I'll start with a brief introduction.

My name is Mindi Palmer Fried, I'm a chiropractor, with a Family Wellness Chiropractic office (Motion Chiropractic Center) located in Easthampton, MA. I specialize in the care of pregnant women, infants, and children of all ages. I am board certified by the Academy Counsel on Chiropractic Pediatrics. I've been in private practice now for coming on four years, and I've been practicing chiropractic since 2000.

My philosophy on chiropractic is really about going back to the basics - our bodies are self healing and self regulating, as long as there is no interference. We chiropractors look for the interference [which we call the vertebral subluxation complex (VSC)]to the life force or innate intelligence in your body, and remove the interference through specific applications of force that we call adjustments.

If you've got questions, feel free to ask. If there's something you'd like me to address, let me know. I'd love to have feedback about the things that I post. I'm all for discussion and debate, as long as it is respectful.

3 comments:

  1. A blog! Very cool. I look forward to reading... maybe I'll learn a thing or two about you so I'll do better on your next "how well do you know me" quiz. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindi - Can chiropractic care help with migraines? Do you have any experience in this area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,
    Thanks for the question - I will address this in another post soon. It's a good topic - lots of people have questions about headaches/migraines and chiropractic.

    ReplyDelete